01 abril 2010

me-english- (no) more

today i decided i wasn't going to write in english anymore.
several reasons lead me to that resolution i am, obviously, not following
yet

first of all, due to all my mistakes, i decided to pay some (also) due respect to the english language so many people write so well and dedicate myself to the one i can handle

secondly, i realized how much easier it is for me to put things fairly beautifully and coherently in spanish, so, why to give just half of the idea in a poorly elaborated second language when i have my mother's?

and finally, i also realized the other day that i don't understand the world though another language as I do in spanish. I need to see clear, I need to see behind the blur and touch some ground from past occassions to which I can relate my present. I need to still be a bit who I was.

but since I am not that one anymore, and I am becoming more and more blurry, more and more (i)literate in several languages, and this mixture is what I am right now, i will keep switching all the time, any time, also here, which is part of who I am becoming, who I was and am, as well.

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

That's a shame. I thought your post 'Some days' was well-considered.

Irene Domingo dijo...

well, thanks, anonimo (=?),
i will keep writting, though!

Anónimo dijo...

¡Vaya! Yo imaginaba que algunos posts los escribías en inglés porque habías llegado a una familiaridad tal con el idioma que te resultaba más natural expresar ciertas ideas en inglés que en español. (Y no veas qué envidia, que a mí me da una pereza tremenda escribir en inglés, que para dos parrafitos mal redactados me puedo pegar hora y media)

Clara