17 julio 2010

fortunate and proud

sometimes it hits me suddenly, while I am reading a page, as I was doing just one moment ago.
in just that one second I become aware of how grateful I should be for being who I am.

I am not only lucky for being able to do what I absolutely love for a living, for being surrounded by people I love and love me back as well, marvelous people who deserve no less than all the moments they enjoy in their respective lives, and for having time and the money enough to spend in small pleasures like reading, going to the movies and concerts, people, self indulgence, good food and wine, travel or cute clothes, but also for being aware of the fact that I am that person.

it comes and goes. the feeling. anagnoresis.

it is just a second, but its taste stays in my memory for me to keep enjoying its after taste
and never forget my luck has been chosen by me in the sense that I decided to learn even from my bad choices, misfortunes and wrong doings. only thanks to those, part of my history now and forever, can I proudly state I am one of the most fortunate women in the world.

No hay comentarios: