02 julio 2010

why do i hate surveillance cameras and other stuff

Whenever someone used to ask me what was the thing I appreciated the most of another person, as much i am used to reply to such "list-alike" questions, I never knew what to respond.

Since I wanted to be sincere, I thought of my most beloved ones and tried to guess why I felt so close to them, what made them so dear to me. But my answer was never 100% true.

Today, however, I think I found the answer: honesty.
I just can't help but falling for transparent people.
Those ones that bluntly show how they really are, and what they show is always pure truth.

When they do or say something, my friends, they are always completely sure that it is the thing they should be doing. They do not need of an external rule, they do not care for someonelse's pat on their back: they just do whatever they think is the right thing to do, because being honest to themselves is their best reward. Reward they do not enjoy because they are unable to tell the difference between giving the best of them to the others, just for the sake of it, from doing it in order to avoid some punishment.
My beloved ones, admired as well, of course, do not need surveillance cameras in order to behave. They just live ethically because they are their own bosses and, in that sense, even when they do wrong, they are showing the rest of us how to behave well.

ps: but for once, let me redirect you to the source of this inspirational moment of revelation and of love towards my real good friends.
Someone already explained all the reasons behind my choice, far better, far detailed, organized and enlightened than I did.
Please, give it some minutes. Really worth the reading:
http://www.philosophynow.org/issue79/79westacott.htm

No hay comentarios: