13 octubre 2009

annie hall

i figured it out! i know why we all want to live our lives as if we were in a movie, or in a book. it is not because art makes things look nicer, beutiful and provides always a happy-end (which could also be refuted) but because it deludes us into thinking that we can understand ours as well as we understand the one of the guy we are been presented with.

thats an illusion. it is impossible for anyone of us, mortals, to step outside from ourselves and see how we are handling our lives without the usual dusk, gloom and mess we keep trying to figure out. there is some plot, of course, but we will never see it as such and, therefore we will sadly never be able either to present for ourselves a nice picture of it, one that could counterbalance for all the misery and chaos we confront through our path. those moments, as well as the magical perfect ones will remain mixed one with each other and will remain un-romanticised forever and ever.

however, there are some gods, human alike though, that are able to share their clear sight and insights through the creation of amazingly extraordinary classic movies such as annie hall. he is woody allen, "it" is him, and thanks to his work we can get to fantacise about being capable, maybe someday, of pictuing our lives as neatly as he does with his. we need that hope in order to believe that either like him or thanks to him we might eventually make sense of all this nonsense we experience daily, to believe, basically, there is any point in all that. at least, I do.

3 comentarios:

Armelle dijo...

Once again, I totally feel the same way about the life/film thing. I think that's why I'm so into cinema: I keep wishing my life were just like a movie, with all its suspense, twists and turns, clever dialogue, beauty, music and proper ending. But that's just not possible.. I guess I'll still try.
I haven't seen Annie Hall though, but it's been on my list for years. Maybe we can have a movie night someday and watch it and Neverland ;) ?

Irene Domingo dijo...

i get so happy everytime this discoveries happen, everythime i learn you feel the same!
so given that annie hall is one of my top 5 movies! its a must for you! i will do whatever to get you to see it! movie night? sure!

Juliapomme dijo...

cousin! :)
i'm so happy to read you again ^^, thanks to the little publicity at the bottom of your mail..by the way, thank you for it! you were faster than me in writing it, as one of my things-to-do this weekend was (i'm not lying,trust me ok??) precisely to send my 'invisible' cousin a -very delayed- birthday email! oops you caught me!
anyway, i'm writing it tomorrow or maybe the enxt day, that way i keep my good intentions :), so wait for it!

good to know about your deep thoughts by reading you, by the way :), if only we were in a movie...i think things just wouldn't be so exciting and amusing, i hate planned scripts!

kiss!